REGISTER AND BOOK CLASSES ONLINE:
PLEASE VISIT OUR COVID-19 INFO PAGE TO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE DETAILS YOU NEED BEFORE YOUR FIRST VISIT
Please read the section CLASS INFORMATION AND RULES below to find out how to register!
To register / login & book a class CLICK HERE (link opens in a new tab)
WW Poto Studio – 23b Tahi Road, Ostend
- PARKING: There are only few parking spots in front of the new studio. Please allow extra time to walk to the class while you park somewhere on Tahi or Erua Road (or share a ride/cycle). Please make sure you don’t park in front of other businesses during their opening hours (Dance Out Loud studio included). Please leave right after the class as often we have few classes in a row, this way we can avoid parking problems and have a smooth transition in between classes
- CLEAN SHOES: Please follow this rule at all times to help us keep the studio tidy. Indoor shoes only. No sandy/muddy/grassy … shoes inside :)
Aquafit: TE HURUHI COMMUNITY POOL 20 Donald Bruce Road
Gym members | Free for Premium members, $10 for Standard members
Non-members | $20 or $15 for Student / Senior
Concession card (10 sessions) | $180 or $140 for Student / Senior = can be used for the gym or classes (valid for 6 months)
NOTE FOR CASUAL VISITORS
Please book and pay via the phone app (If your email address is not on our system, please fill out a form on this page and we will set it up for you) or stop by at the gym reception: 116 Ostend Road
CLASS INFORMATION AND RULES
- To attend a class please make sure to secure your spot via phone app (WAIHEKE WORKOUT) or on the website
If unable to book online call us at 09 372 2020 or book via reception
- PLEASE NOTE: You can only register with the email address we have ON OUR SYSTEM, please make sure
you let us know which one you want to use
- Class booking system has a WAITLIST If a class is fully booked, add yourself to waitlist and you receive email confirmation when a spot becomes available (You might need to keep an eye on your spam folder)
- Classes are available to book 14 days in advance
- Bookings are available up to 30 mins before a class starts
- Class cancelations are available up to 60 mins before the class start. This way waitlisted members will get enough notice and we will know how many people are attending (in case of less than 5 bookings, class gets cancelled)
- Only book a class that you are likely to attend! If you can think of it as a commitment rather than “just in case” booking that will make it easier for everyone!
(we understand emergencies happen, in case you need to cancel within the 60 mins of a class start please give us a call the gym at 09 372 2020 – as the first option, if you can’t get through leave us email [email protected])
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of the class, ESPECIALLY IF IT’S YOUR FIRST TIME! + to allow time to set up your station and if you need to discuss any details with the instructor, 5 minutes at the latest as the spot might be offered to walk-ins or to wait listed members
- Attendees must bring their own mats and a towel etc. (Each class has a description of what you need to bring with you)
- Please don’t attend a class if you are sick
- Turn your phones off / keep on silent for the duration of the class
- Let us know if you have any trouble setting up your accountor with the booking in general and we will be happy to assist
- A class might get cancelled if there are less than 5 members booked
NOTE FOR CONCESSION CARD USERS:
- Your concession gets deducted at the time of your booking. Please make sure to cancel to get a refund in case you are not able to attend.
- If you come to use the gym after you have done class, please don’t scan otherwise another concession will be taken off. You are welcome to use the gym for free on the same day you did a class, just inform the staff at the reception to avoid further concession to be taken off
If you are unsure which class is the right one for you, talk to one of our staff and we will help you to find the right fit.
AQUAFIT – on during summer months
The magic of water!
Water is 800x denser than air and is therefore a gentle environment to exercise in.
- Cardiovascular – because of its low impact and buoyancy, water allows you to work harder for longer.
- Muscle strength – the resistance the water creates allows you to safely do muscle strength exercises.
- Flexibility – Ranges of movement in your joints are greater in water and therefore relieve muscle and joint stiffness. All other exercise benefits apply in water e.g lowers Blood pressure, reduces stress and anxiety.
Most of all – it is a lot of fun!
CHILL YIN YOGA
Yin yoga is a slow paced practice, where, floor based poses, are held for several minutes at a time, making it an excellent opportunity for quiet contemplation.
The aim of this session is to release the fascial plane – connective tissue – improving flexibility and leaving you with a refreshing feeling of calm.
Sunday’s class of 70 minutes will add a backdrop of mellow music to enhance your experience.
HATHA YOGA & MEDITATION
This class includes classical yoga postures (yogasana), breathwork (pranayama) and meditation practices (pratyahara, dharana, dhyana), as well as some background on the meaning of yoga and its benefits.
HIIT + STRETCH
Low impact high intensity workout – interval based! You will be pushed to your own limit for the first 30 mins of the class. But not to worry! You will be guided through a lovely 30 minute stretching sequence to make sure you leave the class feeling relaxed and ready to rest!
“If at 30, your spine is stiff and immobile, you are old; if at 90 your spine is supple and strong, you are young.” – Joseph H. Pilates.
This class is a strengthening and lengthening form of exercise that focuses on your core (trunk) muscles while also training your arms and legs. You will gain strength, stability, flexibility, balance, coordination, concentration, control and fluidity. Through breath we will move better. It can help stave off back niggles but if you are suffering any acute injuries or pain please ensure you have a movement assessment prior to beginning. The session will be a workout, not rehabilitation. The movements will be scaled to meet various levels of ability.
Stoke your energy levels and metabolism for the day with this 45 minute high intensity class focusing on a mix of free weights and body weight exercises. Start your day feeling strong and fit.
Power Fusion is a Rahman’s total body workout, a combination of three elementz: STEP | BARBELL | BODY WEIGHT that’s specifically designed to help you to hit your ultimate fitness goals. You can expect a mixture of rhythmic stepping (cardio/aerobic), fast-paced barbell workout (lean & toned muscle), and body weight strength training (muscle conditioning & calorie-burning) .
A pre-choreographed program with awesome music that syncs to the moves and works every single muscle.
A barbell workout that incorporates functional strength training. Every movement plane is attacked using weights and bodyweight. Featuring safe and motivating exercises, and great music to create a thrilling group fitness atmosphere.
STEP class is a 60-minute step program designed to push your cardio edge into high gear and attack the legs in every plane of motion, both on the step and on the floor. STEP class strengthens the heart, increases bone mineral density, improves coordination, and tones the lower body, with every step you take.
STRENGTH + MOBILITY
Full Body workout designed for all of you!
Workouts designed for all audiences. If you are like many right now and trying to get fit, strong, and mobile with minimal access to equipment this class Is for you!
With options to suit ALL skill/fitness levels!
Join the fun!
STRONGER FOR LONGER
A class to help you improve mobility, strength and balance. It’s a functional class, so we work on compound moves such as the squat while focusing on proper form and the muscle groups that will allow you to perform the basic movements of daily life for as long as possible. You will learn to connect with and isolate your upper and lower body muscles as you perform a series of exercises on different surfaces: floor, BOSU ball, stability cushions, sliders and/or using weights, body bars and bands to mimic daily activities and challenges. You will work up a sweat while reconnecting with your body and having fun! This class is tailored but not limited to seniors. Anyone can benefit from this workout. Exercises can be adjusted from very simple form to a challenging version. Come and try it. You get to laugh and socialise too.
The class is approved by ACC Strength and Balance program: Live Stronger for Longer www.livestronger.org.nz
VINYASA FLOW YOGA
Vinyasa Yoga is a smooth transition of flowing asanas. You move with your breath from pose to pose and rarely hold postures for any length of time until the end of class.
This flow offers strength, flexibility, concentration and breathwork.
This hour will get you ready for the day. Set to music, the class will include a warm-up, toning, core work and a good stretch!
Yin Yoga is known as a quiet practice. It is mostly floor-based, where participants are in poses for a period of time – 3 to 5 minutes. By softening in a pose or shape, following the breath, and maintaining stillness, connective tissue (tendons and ligaments)is encouraged to release.
This gentle pulling action, at the joints, stimulates the flow of chi through meridian pathways,
nourishing our energetic system and vital organs.
Over time, poses or shapes may deepen, and the practice becomes more meditative.
Stillness, and turning one’s focus inwards requires practise but the benefits are numerous and may include increased lubrication and mobility of the joints, a feeling of openness in the hips, a relaxed body, and a calm, centered mind.
Yin Yoga is an ideal complement for the more dynamic or Yang forms of exercise i.e.
stronger yoga styles, cardio and strengthening classes, even walking.
Each Zumba class is designed to bring people together to sweat it on. A mixture of low-intensity and high intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you’ll see why Zumba® Fitness classes are often called exercise in disguise. Super effective? Check. Super fun? Check and check. Perfect for everybody and everybody!