REGISTER AND BOOK CLASSES ONLINE:
Please read the section CLASS INFORMATION AND RULES below to find out how to register!
To register / login & book a class CLICK HERE (link opens in a new tab)
LEAOD studio – 23c Tahi Road, Ostend
Classes: Step, Stretch & Dance, Strong By Zumba, Sport, Pump, Yin Yoga, Sivananda Yoga, Zumba, Stronger for Longer and Pilates
For hygiene reasons we ask all attendees to bring their own mat for any of these classes – our Premium members receive a mat from the gym when signing-up. Mats are also available for sale at the reception
NOTE FOR CASUAL VISITORS
ONLY CASH PAYMENTS ACCEPTED AT THIS LOCATION AT THIS STAGE
EFTPOS/CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS AVAILABLE BEFORE THE CLASS STARTS AT THE GYM – 116 Ostend Road
Waiheke Workout Spin Studio – 116 Ostend Road, Ostend
Gym members | Free for Premium members, $10 for Standard members
Non-members | $20 or $15 for Student / Senior
Concession card (10 sessions) | $180 or $140 for Student / Senior = can be used for the gym or classes (valid for 6 months)
CLASS INFORMATION AND RULES
- To attend a class please make sure to secure your spot via phone app, online booking or alternatively call us at 09 372 2020 or book via reception
- PLEASE NOTE: our online booking system is only available to our PREMIUM members or Concession Card users. Standard or Casual members can book at the reception and pay the class rate at the time of the booking. Standard members can also phone 09 372 2020 or book via contact form
- You can only register with the email address we have on your file, please make sure you let us know which one you want to use
- When you come across fully booked class, please book via our contact form or call 09 372 2020 and we will add you to the waitlist and contact you once the spot becomes available
- Life happens and we understand you might not be able to attend a class. Please cancel as soon as possible so others have a chance to attend. You can cancel via online booking system, call us at 09 372 2020 or via our contact form
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the class, to allow time to set up your station and if you need to discuss any details with the instructor, 5 minutes at the latest as the spot might be offered to walk-ins or to wait listed members
This will also allow for the class to start on time to avoid late finish to keep everyone happy
- Classes are available to book 7 days in advance.
- Please let us know if you have troubles setting up your account or with the booking in general and we will be happy to assist
- A class might get cancelled if there are less than 3 attendees booked.
CONCESSION CARD USERS:
- Your concession gets deducted at the time of your booking, if you can’t make it to the class and don’t cancel. it won’t be refunded, so please always make sure you to cancel online or via phone if you can’t make it anymore.
- If you come to use the gym after you have done class, please don’t scan otherwise another concession will be taken off. You are welcome to use the gym for free on the same day you did a class, just inform the staff at the reception to avoid further concession to be taken off
- Spin Class: please tag in before class, not after otherwise two concession visits will come off
CLASSES AT LEAOD LOCATION:
Most of our classes run at LEAOD studio
- Please bring your own mat
- The parking around LEAOD is very limited, please avoid parking in front of other businesses
- Please leave right after the class as often we have few classes in a row, this way we can avoid parking problems and have a smooth transition in between classes
If you are unsure which class is the right one for you, talk to one of our staff and we will help you to find the right fit.
AQUAFIT – will be back in summer months
The magic of water!
Water is 800x denser than air and is therefore a gentle environment to exercise in.
- Cardiovascular – because of its low impact and buoyancy, water allows you to work harder for longer.
- Muscle strength – the resistance the water creates allows you to safely do muscle strength exercises.
- Flexibility – Ranges of movement in your joints are greater in water and therefore relieve muscle and joint stiffness. All other exercise benefits apply in water e.g lowers Blood pressure, reduces stress and anxiety.
Most of all – it is a lot of fun!
Breathing exercises, sun salutations, asanas, stretches and relaxation with Heidi
CHILL YIN YOGA
Yin yoga is a slow paced practice, where, floor based poses, are held for several minutes at a time, making it an excellent opportunity for quiet contemplation. The aim of this session is to release the fascial plane – connective tissue – improving flexibility and leaving you with a refreshing feeling of calm.Sunday’s class of just 60 minutes will add a backdrop of mellow music to enhance your experience.
MAT PILATES w Sarah Gloyer
“If at 30, your spine is stiff and immobile, you are old; if at 90 your spine is supple and strong, you are young.” – Joseph H. Pilates.
This class will use the Pilates Method plus scientific core conditioning to teach you to use your body so you can do all the things you love more efficiently and effectively. It will be specifically geared towards balancing your gym workouts and modern life. You will gain strength, stability, flexibility, balance, coordination, concentration, control and fluidity. Through breath we will move better. It can help stave off back niggles but if you are suffering any acute injuries or pain please ensure you have a movement assessment prior to beginning. The session will be a workout, not rehabilitation. The movements will be scaled to meet various levels of ability. You will learn modernized versions of Joseph Pilates’ traditional matwork series which can be done anywhere, anytime.
MORNING MAT PILATES w Macarena
This Pilates class transforms your body: how it looks, how it feels and how it performs. It helps to build your strength. It teaches you body awareness and good posture, it will help you to improve flexibility and agility. You will work through a sequence of movements in different postures from standing to sitting to lying down.
A barbell workout that incorporates functional strength training. Every movement plane is attacked using weights and bodyweight. Featuring safe and motivating exercises, and great music to create a thrilling group fitness atmosphere.
Our spinning classes are ideal for people of all levels of fitness and experience, whether you are new to exercise or a regular gym junkie! The joy of spinning is that you are in complete control at all times using a resistance dial on your individual spin bike. Throughout the class our instructors bring you through a series of hills, intervals and sprints encouraging you to push and challenging yourself every step of the way to achieve your individual goal.
SPIN EXPRESS – currently on hold
Time strapped? Need quick fat burning cardio to complement resistance training? Fun energetic spin is 20 minutes of quality HIIT that will top up your weekly cardio perfectly. Challenging but quick!
Need to accelerate your fitness and fat burning but don’t have much time? There’s a new Spin Class that is perfect for you. Wednesday’s 5.30pm EXPRESS Spin is 20 minutes of athletic, challenging high intensity interval training on spin bikes. Not for the faint hearted, the results from this turbo charged workout will give you similar results to a longer class…in half the time. You’ll still be fat burning up to 48 hours afterward! Ideal to add a resistance workout at the gym. This class includes a much needed warm up and warm down and you’ll be done and dusted in no time.
Drills, functional core movements and basic strength training come together to create a total body workout that fits everybody, from the beginner to the experienced athlete. The moves are basic, yet progressive. The choreography is simple and engaging. Add upbeat and intense music and you’ve got SPORT! Rahman will guide you through 10 tracks using strategically chosen athletic exercises focusing on cardio, strength, balance and core training. Equipment includes a step for box training, one heavy and one light weight and you. Real people. Real Fitness. Real Results. SPORT is where it happens. GAME ON.
Stepping up, over and around an adjustable step to the beat of high-energy music gives you an excellent total-body workout. STEP aerobics has all the benefits of a high-intensity cardio workout therefore boosting your cardiovascular health, burning calories & reducing fat. Stepping up and down works the muscles in your calves, legs, and buttocks, which tones & builds strength.
Heidi teaches ‘Freestyle STEP’ which is a basic routine which she will keep for 4-6weeks. Each class, different ‘layers’ will be added, twists, turns, tempo, triple step, back-to-front etc…. to make the class more challenging and also work your mind!
With these different ‘options’, this class is suitable for any level of experience as it can be kept simple or become highly choreographed.
STRETCH & DANCE
This class is focused on movement and dance as a form of cardio.
We will practise easy-to-get choreography to gain coordination and memory. We will work on the body and our own expression through movement. We will do a little workout at the beginning followed by some gentle and conscious stretches. The stretching will be focused on improving flexibility and mobility. Then we will go through a choreography section to dance and have fun. It will have mixed elements from different dance styles, pilates, stretching. The class will finish with few abdominal strengthening exercises. This is a dynamic class with different music backgrounds to train and have fun while dancing.
STRONG HIIT (by Zumba)
A revolutionary high-intensity workout led by music to motivate you to crush your ultimate fitness goals. Stop counting the reps. Start training to the beat. It combines body weight, muscle conditioning, cardio and plyometric training moves synced to original music that has been specifically designed to match every single move. Every squat, every lunge, every burpee is driven by the music, helping you make it to that last rep, and maybe even five more. In a one-hour class you will burn calories while toning arms, legs, abs and glutes. Plyometric or explosive moves like high knees, burpees, and jumping jacks are interchanged with isometric moves like lunges, squats, and kickboxing. STRONG by Zumba® instructors change up the music and moves frequently to make sure you’re always challenged to the max.
STRONGER FOR LONGER
A class to help you improve mobility, strength and balance. It’s a functional class, so we work on compound moves such as the squat while focusing on proper form and the muscle groups that will allow you to perform the basic movements of daily life for as long as possible. You will learn to connect with and isolate your upper and lower body muscles as you perform a series of exercises on different surfaces: floor, BOSU ball, stability cushions, sliders and/or using weights, body bars and bands to mimic daily activities and challenges. You will work up a sweat while reconnecting with your body and having fun! This class is tailored but not limited to seniors. Anyone can benefit from this workout. Exercises can be adjusted from very simple form to a challenging version. Come and try it. You get to laugh and socialise too.
The class is approved by ACC Strength and Balance program: Live Stronger for Longer www.livestronger.org.nz
Yin Yoga is known as a quiet practice. It is mostly floor based, where participants are in poses for a period of time – 3 to 5 minutes. By softening in a pose or shape, following the breath, and maintaining stillness, connective tissue (tendons and ligaments)is encouraged to release.
This gentle pulling action, at the joints, stimulates the flow of chi through meridian pathways,
nourishing our energetic system and vital organs.
Over time, poses or shapes may deepen, and the practice become more meditative.
Stillness, and turning one’s focus inwards requires practise but the benefits are numerous, and may include increased lubrication and mobility of the joints, a feeling of openness in the hips, a relaxed body, and a calm, centred mind.
Yin Yoga is an ideal complement for the more dynamic or Yang forms of exercise i.e.
stronger yoga styles, cardio and strengthening classes, even walking.
Each Zumba class is designed to bring people together to sweat it on. A mixture of low-intensity and high intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you’ll see why Zumba® Fitness classes are often called exercise in disguise. Super effective? Check. Super fun? Check and check. Perfect for everybody and everybody!