REGISTER AND BOOK CLASSES ONLINE:
Please read the section CLASS INFORMATION AND RULES below to find out how to register!
To register / login & book a class CLICK HERE (link opens in a new tab)
LEAOD studio – 23c Tahi Road, Ostend
Classes: Pump, Yin Yoga, Vinyasa Flow Yoga, Mindfulness Yoga, Zumba, Tahitian Fitness Dance, Stronger for Longer and Mat Pilates
- Please bring your own mat (For hygiene reasons we ask all attendees to bring their own mat for any of these classes – our Premium members receive a mat from the gym when signing-up. Mats are also available for sale at the reception) and towel to use on steps during pump class etc
- The parking around LEAOD is very limited, please avoid parking in front of other businesses
- Please leave right after the class as often we have few classes in a row, this way we can avoid parking problems and have a smooth transition in between classes
NOTE FOR CASUAL VISITORS
ONLY CASH PAYMENTS ACCEPTED AT THIS LOCATION AT THIS STAGE
EFTPOS/CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS AVAILABLE BEFORE THE CLASS STARTS AT THE GYM – 116 Ostend Road
Spin classes: Waiheke Workout Spin Studio – 116 Ostend Road, Ostend
please tag in before class especially if you are a concession card user, if you scan in after two concession visits will come off: your booking + gym visit
Aquafit: TE HURUHI COMMUNITY POOL 20 Donald Bruce Road
Gym members | Free for Premium members, $10 for Standard members
Non-members | $20 or $15 for Student / Senior
Concession card (10 sessions) | $180 or $140 for Student / Senior = can be used for the gym or classes (valid for 6 months)
CLASS INFORMATION AND RULES
- To attend a class please make sure to secure your spot via phone app, online booking or alternatively call us at 09 372 2020 or book via reception
- PLEASE NOTE: our online booking system is only available to our PREMIUM members or Concession Card users. Standard or Casual members can book at the reception and pay the class rate at the time of the booking. Standard members can also phone 09 372 2020 or book via contact form
- You can only register with the email address we have on your file, please make sure you let us know which one you want to use
- Class booking system has a new feature: WAITLIST. If a class is fully booked, add your name to waitlist and you receive a confirmation when a spot becomes available
- Classes are available to book 14 days in advance
- Life happens and we understand you might not be able to attend a class. Please cancel as soon as possible so others have a chance to attend. You can cancel via online booking system, call us at 09 372 2020 or via our contact form
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the start of the class, to allow time to set up your station and if you need to discuss any details with the instructor, 5 minutes at the latest as the spot might be offered to walk-ins or to wait listed members
This will also allow for the class to start on time to avoid late finish to keep everyone happy
- Please let us know if you have troubles setting up your account or with the booking in general and we will be happy to assist
- A class might get cancelled if there are less than 5 attendees booked
CONCESSION CARD USERS:
- Your concession gets deducted at the time of your booking, if you can’t make it to the class and don’t cancel. it won’t be refunded, so please always make sure you to cancel online or via phone if you can’t make it anymore.
- If you come to use the gym after you have done class, please don’t scan otherwise another concession will be taken off. You are welcome to use the gym for free on the same day you did a class, just inform the staff at the reception to avoid further concession to be taken off
- Spin classes: please scan yourself in at the reception before the class starts, otherwise two visits will come off
If you are unsure which class is the right one for you, talk to one of our staff and we will help you to find the right fit.
AQUAFIT – on during summer months
The magic of water!
Water is 800x denser than air and is therefore a gentle environment to exercise in.
- Cardiovascular – because of its low impact and buoyancy, water allows you to work harder for longer.
- Muscle strength – the resistance the water creates allows you to safely do muscle strength exercises.
- Flexibility – Ranges of movement in your joints are greater in water and therefore relieve muscle and joint stiffness. All other exercise benefits apply in water e.g lowers Blood pressure, reduces stress and anxiety.
Most of all – it is a lot of fun!
“If at 30, your spine is stiff and immobile, you are old; if at 90 your spine is supple and strong, you are young.” – Joseph H. Pilates.
This class is a strengthening and lengthening form of exercise that focuses on your core (trunk) muscles while also training your arms and legs. You will gain strength, stability, flexibility, balance, coordination, concentration, control and fluidity. Through breath we will move better. It can help stave off back niggles but if you are suffering any acute injuries or pain please ensure you have a movement assessment prior to beginning. The session will be a workout, not rehabilitation. The movements will be scaled to meet various levels of ability.
Yoga to increase wellbeing in body and mind. To enhance flexibility and strength, and to support our immunity.
A barbell workout that incorporates functional strength training. Every movement plane is attacked using weights and bodyweight. Featuring safe and motivating exercises, and great music to create a thrilling group fitness atmosphere.
Our spinning classes are ideal for people of all levels of fitness and experience, whether you are new to exercise or a regular gym junkie! The joy of spinning is that you are in complete control at all times using a resistance dial on your individual spin bike. Throughout the class our instructors bring you through a series of hills, intervals and sprints encouraging you to push and challenging yourself every step of the way to achieve your individual goal.
STEP class is a 60-minute step program designed to push your cardio edge into high gear and attack the legs in every plane of motion, both on the step and on the floor. STEP class strengthens the heart, increases bone mineral density, improves coordination, and tones the lower body, with every step you take.
STRONGER FOR LONGER
A class to help you improve mobility, strength and balance. It’s a functional class, so we work on compound moves such as the squat while focusing on proper form and the muscle groups that will allow you to perform the basic movements of daily life for as long as possible. You will learn to connect with and isolate your upper and lower body muscles as you perform a series of exercises on different surfaces: floor, BOSU ball, stability cushions, sliders and/or using weights, body bars and bands to mimic daily activities and challenges. You will work up a sweat while reconnecting with your body and having fun! This class is tailored but not limited to seniors. Anyone can benefit from this workout. Exercises can be adjusted from very simple form to a challenging version. Come and try it. You get to laugh and socialise too.
The class is approved by ACC Strength and Balance program: Live Stronger for Longer www.livestronger.org.nz
TAHITIAN FITNESS DANCE
Fitness Tahitian dance is based on different movements that work the important parts of our body: back, neck, hips, knees, feet, arms, your posture … The results of this beautiful exercise are incredibly amazing. By connecting to music, your body and muscles It brings out positive energy to our mind. Class is led by Claudia Quiroga, professional pacific island dancer, originally from Chile.
Please bring pareo/sarong and your own yoga mat
VINYASA FLOW YOGA
Vinyasa Yoga is a smooth transition of flowing asanas. You move with your breath from pose to pose and rarely hold postures for any length of time until the end of class.
This flow offers strength, flexibility, concentration and breath work.
Yin Yoga is known as a quiet practice. It is mostly floor based, where participants are in poses for a period of time – 3 to 5 minutes. By softening in a pose or shape, following the breath, and maintaining stillness, connective tissue (tendons and ligaments)is encouraged to release.
This gentle pulling action, at the joints, stimulates the flow of chi through meridian pathways,
nourishing our energetic system and vital organs.
Over time, poses or shapes may deepen, and the practice become more meditative.
Stillness, and turning one’s focus inwards requires practise but the benefits are numerous, and may include increased lubrication and mobility of the joints, a feeling of openness in the hips, a relaxed body, and a calm, centred mind.
Yin Yoga is an ideal complement for the more dynamic or Yang forms of exercise i.e.
stronger yoga styles, cardio and strengthening classes, even walking.
Each Zumba class is designed to bring people together to sweat it on. A mixture of low-intensity and high intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you’ll see why Zumba® Fitness classes are often called exercise in disguise. Super effective? Check. Super fun? Check and check. Perfect for everybody and everybody!